Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Different Book

This one will be called: Warriors: The Sisters: Blue Skies

Here is the prolouge.


Prologue

***

 

Two wet bundles slithered out on the moss. A sand colored queen was licking her two kits ferociously. She could hear shrieks and caterwauls over by the ShadowClan border, but tried to take no notice, as her mate and littermate was fighting in that battle. “Over a few tiny pieces of fresh-kill! Not worth risking lives over! If it weren’t for Firetalon, this battle would’ve never happened!

            “Sandpelt, Sandpelt, I have awful news!” Mistynose, the recently made warrior shouted out. Sandpelt sat up.
“Not...not Liontail?
“No...but Grasspelt...he, uh, he, um,”
“Get on with the point!” Sandpelt hadn’t meant to growl, but she couldn’t stand to wait any longer.
“Grasspelt got killed by Badgerheart!”
“A medicine cat?”
“He was a warrior before.”
“I know that mouse-brain!”
Mistynose flinched. She hadn’t expected such stinging retorts from her mother’s sister.
“Sorry,” Sandpelt apologized, “But Badgerheart is such a fox-heart!
“I know how you feel...” Mistynose’s voice trailed off.
“You mean...?”
“Yes. Stormfoot is dead.”
“I’m so sorry, Mistynose...”
“You have nothing to be sorry for. This is all ShadowClan’s fault!” Mistynose stormed out of the nursery.

            “Are you sure you’re okay?” Sandpelt’s anxious mew sounded from behind Liontail.
“I told you, I’m sure I’m fine!”
“Has Dapplespot treated you yet?”
“Yes. I’m not a kit Sandpelt. I do have more sense than a mouse, you do realize?”
“Sorry, but I’m afraid...Grasspelt...lose you.”
“I’ll be perfectly fine, Sandpelt! Grasspelt is perfectly happy--”
“Grasspelt is not happy!” Sandpelt hissed with anger.

***

“Dawnstar, I’ve gotten and prophecy.” Dapplespot entered her leader’s den.

“What did StarClan have to say to you?”

“They said that rain and moon will shine together and save all of the Clans.”

“Who could they mean?”

“Maybe Mistynose for the moon? Or Brighttail?”

“Perhaps Silverpaw; her pelt shines brightly in the sun.”

“StarClan will show us. We will find out when StarClan wants us to.”

***

 

“They’re beautiful...” a tall shadow was looming over two small kits.
“What shall we name them?” A weary queen rested her head on her paws.
“Rainkit...Rainkit and Moonkit.”
“Beautiful...beautiful...now if only Grasspelt were here too.”
“It will be okay, Sandpelt. He is watching us, from StarClan, until we are in the stars also.” Although her mate tried to comfort her, she let out a slow moan.
“He should be here, seeing his kin,” The ferocity in her voice surprised Liontail. I had no idea she missed him all that much!
“He shouldn’t even be in StarClan! He should be here, with us! He got killed by a medicine cat! A medicine cat!”
“I’m--I’m sorry--” Liontail broke off when Dapplespot came barging in.
“What is with all the yelling? Liontail, Sandpelt should be resting, not grieving over a lost littermate!”
You wouldn’t understand!” Sandpelt spat back a stinging retort. “You never had any littermates!”
Before Dapplespot realized what was coming out of her mouth, she was giving Sandpelt a tart reply. “I did have littermates, and I would understand...”

3 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't been on the ball with comments lately. . . :P Okay, SO< you might want to email me if you want a banner made. I will be for likely to see it! So, email me everything you need for it! ;P

    ~SleepySasha who knows she is sighed into her sisters account~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind... If you look at the top of my blog you'll see why! (except for mine is only a fraction of good that yours would be!) c;3 ('c' as headphones)

      Delete
  2. It seems really good! I don't wish to criticize and maybe it's like that on purpose but "WARRIORS RETURNS" is bad grammar. It either needs to be "WARRIORS RETURN" or "WARRIOR RETURNS".

    ReplyDelete